Excellent communication is critical to effective representation. That is why I first focus on understanding clients’ unique objectives, goals, and limitations, before providing appropriately tailored solutions and comprehensive legal analysis. Priorities or challenges may also shift during a case, and I know how important it is to anticipate and recognize a client’s changing needs. My clients have praised both my ability to clearly explain complex legal topics, as well as my capacity to understand and appreciate their individualized circumstances. My excellent communication skills equip me with the flexibility to skillfully revise negotiation or litigation strategy according to new facts, requirements, or limitations, as necessary to ensure ongoing, effective, and zealous advocacy. In addition, my stellar law school education, coupled with my negotiation and litigation experience, ensure that I provide outstanding service and effective claim resolution to my clients.
Vanessa Soma is an attorney in the Washington practice group.
Vanessa earned three degrees from UC Los Angeles, including a Bachelor’s degree in 2009, followed by concurrent Juris Doctor and Master of Public Policy degrees in 2013.
Prior to joining the firm, Vanessa gained extensive litigation and settlement negotiation experience practicing primarily family law in California.
- Cardozo Society of Washington State
- Washington State Bar Association
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Patricia Herzog Pro Bono Service Award, Community Legal Aid Southern California, 2016
- Certificate of Achievement, Los Angeles Solo Practice Incubator Consortium, 2016
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Service, Community Legal Aid Southern California, 2012