My approach to effective client representation can be summed up in three words: aggressive, detailed, and realistic. I believe that clients deserve an aggressive approach to evaluating every defense option, acquired through a detailed review of all relevant facts and law, and tempered with a realistic forecast of the likely outcome. I have spent my entire career representing employers and carriers/processing agents in Oregon workers’ compensation matters and I am proud of my genuine connections with clients and industry leaders, many of whom I have worked with for decades.
Amy C. OsenarPartner She/Her
Amy Osenar has been with Reinisch Wilson PC since graduation from law school in 1998. Ms. Osenar is a partner with the firm and focuses exclusively on the representation of employers, insurance companies and third party administrators in Oregon workers’ compensation matters.
- Oregon Women Lawyers
My greatest personal joy centers around spending time with family and friends, listening to live music, and traveling.
- “When is fear of retaliation good cause for not timely reporting an injury in Oregon?” April 19, 2018
- “When pot IS the workplace: new compensability ruling in Oregon, April 7, 2017
- “Double jeopardy and double recovery: compensability of medical services and new/omitted conditions in Oregon, September 29, 2016
- “Oregon claim closure: things to keep in mind when closing in on the finish line, April 4, 2016
- “You’d better watch out! The perils of holiday parties , December 19, 2014
- “Significant Oregon Workers’ Compensation Board and Appellate Court Case Law Updates: 2020-21,” Oregon “Summer of CE Love” webinar, June 30, 2021
- “Attorney Fees in Oregon: How to assess exposure,” Oregon Virtual CE, June 2, 2020
- “Oregon claims processing 101,” client continuing education seminar, March 3, 2020
- “Closure-Related Penalty Avoidance,’ the Oregon Claims School presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC April 17, 2019
- “Legal Strategies and Issues Related to Denials,” Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 20, 2018
- “The Fine Art of Settlements and When, How to Mediate Them” (co-presented with former ALJ and mediator Donna Garaventa), Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 22, 2017
- “Vocational Eligibility and Rules Refresher,” Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 30, 2016
- “Do’s and Don’ts for testifying, discovery, impeachment and timely submission rules,” client continuing education seminar, April 21, 2015 and July 14, 2015
- “Critical Processing Tips and Traps from Recent Case Law,” Oregon Claims School Seminar presented by Reinisch Wilson Weier PC, March 13, 2015
- “Part I: Changes in Rules and Processing Obligations; Part II: Suggested Processing Strategy in Response to Brown v SAIF,” client continuing education seminar, August 12 and November 11, 2014
- “Issues and Trends in Medical Services Litigation,” Oregon Workers Compensation Spring 2014 Seminar, June 9, 2014 and March 20, 2014
- “Penalties, Attorney Fees, Sanctions and Costs,” client continuing education seminar, June 9, 2014
- “Navigating the Maze of Division 120 Rules: What you need to know about vocational assistance,” client continuing education seminar, October 22, 2013
- “Lawyers in Session,” WCCA luncheon presentation, May 9, 2012