This is an entry level position in our Service Center, which supports the Firm by performing administrative tasks. Performs routine office/clerical duties such as filing, copying, file pulls, mail sorting, and distribution. Retrieves files for delivery to the requestor; matches correspondence to files as requested within an appropriate time frame.
- Manages and oversees the main file room.
- Manages the firm’s office supply, toner, and paper supply inventory. Makes special orders as needed.
- Assists with training of new office services personnel.
- Communicates ideas for process improvement and helps implement new processes.
- Performs diary pulls, extensive filing, rush and regular file pull, fax delivery and collects recycling/shredding.
- Collects and processes outgoing paper and digital mail in a variety of ways including: postage machines, inter-office mail, USPS, FedEx, certified mail, courier service, Subpoena service and other overnight mailing options.
- Pull weekly diary reports in the database.
- Archives inactive and closed files on an ongoing basis.
- Creates and maintains the X-ray, DVD, and video library using a tracking sheet in the database.
- Stocks paper and various forms in all applicable areas.
- Performs clerical duties as assigned such as photocopying, scanning, DVD/CD duplication, and typing labels.
- Operates standard office equipment efficiently including: photocopy machine, computer/printer, postage machine, and scanner.
- Acts as a floater to all primary office services functions including: operation of various copy and scan machines, delivery of incoming faxes to appropriate personnel, sorting and distribution of incoming mail.
- Files all case files in an appropriate order on a daily basis.
- Backs up Copy Center Clerk.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Language – read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Math – add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning – apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work well under pressure and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Accurately complete work in a fast-paced environment; attention to detail is imperative.
- Multi tasking.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Take initiative.
- Work in a team environment effectively.
- Basic computer skills including: word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and database management. In addition, an individual must also possess excellent professional and interpersonal, organizational, filing, oral communication, time management, written communication, and project management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong organizational and meticulous proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Professional work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Education -HS Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Experience- Prior experience would be helpful.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and file room procedures.
PLEASE NOTE: This position does not have a remote option – duties must be performed in the office.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Careers. (No phone calls please.)